World’s Largest Travel Site’s Content Increases 50 Percent in the Past Year
Community Also Grows with 32 Million Marketable Members Worldwide
TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site*, announced that it now features more than 75 million travel reviews and opinions, up from 50 million one year ago. A testament to the site’s enduring usefulness and freshness of content, the company also reports remarkable growth in other key areas:
- More members: The TripAdvisor community has skyrocketed to 32 million marketable members worldwide, up from 20 million one year ago.
- More contributions: Fifty contributions are posted to the site per minute, up from 25 one year ago.
- More photos: The site now carries over 11 million user-submitted images, an increase of four million in one year.
- More visitors: 56 million people* now use TripAdvisor each month, making it the largest travel site in the world.
- More businesses: Over 610,000 hotels, 880,000 restaurants and 200,000 attractions are represented, 50 percent more total properties than were listed one year ago
Additional Fun Content Facts:
- It would take 1,671 years to spend a night in each of the 610,000 hotels on TripAdvisor.
- 5.7 billion is the total word count of all TripAdvisor reviews and opinions, with the longest totalling 9,166 words.
- The community has bestowed 30 million helpful votes to their peers for outstanding reviews.